TAKAMINE Hirade H5 Nylon ACOUSTIC CLASSICAL GUITAR Pro Series Solid Cedar
Gilbert Concert Guitar 1991
John Gilbert made very few classical guitars over the years and it is rare to see on come to the market. This guitar was made in 1991, it is number 147 and is made of Indian Rosewood with a top of very fine spruce. The scale length is 25.95 inches, the fingerboard is 2.13 inches wide at the nut and 2.5 inches wide at the 12th fret. The string height is .1155 to top of the string at the first fret. The guitar is in very good condition.
John Gilbert was born in 1922. He worked as the chief tool engineer at Hewlett Packard and has an extensive knowledge of building and he implemented several advanced construction details on his instruments including an innovative bridge which allowed each string to be adjusted independantly and the accurate and reliable Gilbert tuning machines that he has been marketing for years. He stopped making guitars in 1997 when his son William took over the business.
John Gilbert guitars were entirely handmade and they became quite popular with concert artists. during the late 1980's the waiting list was said to be 23 years long which was impossibly long. At the present time his son William makes guitars.
You are welcome to inspect the instrument and play it either before bidding or prior to paying for it if it is to be picked up in person.
If the purchaser of this guitar would like to return it for any reason I will provide a full refund of the purchase price, exclusive of whatever was paid for packing, shipping and insurance, provided that payment is not made by pay pal and provided that the guitar is returned in the same condition as shipped and within ten days of receipt by the purchaser. If the guitar is not returned within ten days of the purchaser receiving it or if paypal is used then the sale is final and returns will not be accepted.
© 2010 Westcoatrader
1. Feedback. Please do not bid if you do not have a positive feedback rating of at least ten.
2. Payment Terms. Payment is required immediately after the auction closes. Please note that if you choose to use Paypal I can only ship
to your confirmed Paypal address in the Continental United States. If you wish to have your item shipped to another location please contact me to discuss shipment and payment terms.
3. International Bidders. I normally only ship to US destinations. If you want to bid on an item that is to be shipped to a non US location please contact me before you bid so that we can discuss the payment and shipping terms. Note: The only losses and damages I have experienced have been international shipments
and often tracking and adequate insurance is not available. This can be hard on the buyer.
4. Shipping. I ship via UPS. Packing, insurance (required) and shipping are at the risk and cost of the buyer.
5. Misc. Items. All measurements are approximate. The photos describe the item, any text is secondary to the photos and is based on my judgement.
Items may be inspected prior to payment. Some of my items are for sale locally in which case the auction could be cancelled if the item is sold.
6. Please Note: All sales are final and the buyer assumes responsibility for making sure they know what they are bidding on prior to bidding. Often I am not an expert on the items I am selling so my descriptions may either be incomplete or not match exactly wht you expect which is why I state that the photos
provide the description of the item. I designate most of my auctions as "Private Auctions" so that you will not receive fraudulent solicitations and SPAM.
7. Thanks. Thanks for looking at my auction. I will try very hard to make this a good experience for both of us.
Gilbert Concert Guitar 1991
901 total views, 1 so far today